Welcome New Visitors
Never been to the pantry before?
We don’t want accessing help to feel intimidating. Here’s what to expect on your first visit!
- Park in the rear of Homer First United Methodist Church and enter the back door. There will be signs.
- Come down the stairs and enter the pantry area door.
- Let volunteers know that it is your first time accessing the pantry.
- We will have you complete a simple intake form with contact information. Since we serve the residents of Homer and Homer school district areas, we will ask for proof of residency (utility bill, driver’s license). No income information will be collected. We will ask for the birthday months of those in your household since we provide supplies to make a birthday cake during those months.
- Please bring reusable shopping bags. We will pack your bags with a distribution of canned vegetables, fruits, beans, soups, pasta/pasta sauce, cereal, tuna, peanut butter/jelly, macaroni and cheese, frozen meat, bread, eggs, cheese, margarine, and toilet paper. Additional variety as available. Amounts are based on the number of individuals in your household.
- We will cart the bags upstairs and assist you to put in your vehicle.
- You can visit the pantry once a month, so we will give you a reminder card with a return date.